5 Things I Love: 09/21/18

Friday 21 September 2018
5 Things I Love: 09/21/18 | Jackie O My
Photo from Lazy Oaf. Credit to Julia Ling & Hanna.

     Today's 5 Things I Love post is a little special, because it marks a change in direction for Jackie O My.

Growing with me


I've been trying to think of the right words for this post. The outfits I wear on my blog are not things I wear in real life, for the most part. When I created Jackie O My, I envisioned this really bohemian vibe I wanted to portray. I've been trying to stick to this aesthetic, but if I'm being honest with myself, I've grown out of my boho phase. I've been limiting myself to this style that just isn't me anymore, and it makes it difficult to feel inspired to make posts here.

The real me wears t-shirts and loves 90's aesthetic. I'm not sure how many people want to see my regular clothes, but I'm giving it a try from now on. I feel like I need to make this space more like me, and hopefully those of you who read what I do here will understand.

Anyway, onto the 5 Things I Love this week!


5 things I love


1. I discovered Julia Ling's Lazy Oaf article the other day, and knew I had to include it on my love list this week because 1) The above photo is literally everything I want my style to be, and 2) I'm pretty sure Julia Ling is my spirit animal.

The 19 year old Los Angeles filmmaker wrote a really touching article for Lazy Oaf about coming-of-age, including bits of her writing. The photography was done by her friend Hanna, who is officially one of my new fave photographers. I love the sleepy, dreamy effect in her photos. If you want to check out more from these talented ladies (and believe me, their works are a treat), see Julia's website and Hanna's portfolio.

2. I was excited to hear that A Fabulous Fete is now offering a stock photography service. I've always admired their photography! If you're not subscribed to their newsletter yet, you can sign up for some free perks.

3. But What Should I Wear? wrote a lovely (and thorough!) Rome Travel Guide, and although I'm not heading abroad anytime soon, I can always dream. Definitely worth a read if you're planning a trip to the city of love.

4. Design Love Fest made this recipe for Kimchi fried rice. I haven't had Chinese takeout in forever, but I've been craving it since reading this post.

5. Connie and Luna have introduced a new earring line, and it's so cheerful! I so want a pair.


5 Things I Love: 09/21/18 | Jackie O My
Photo from Connie and Luna.

What are your favorite things this week?

2 comments

  1. I would love to see your actual sense of style; the 90s is a decade I'm taking so much inspiration from, so I would love to see what you wear!!

    twinklexthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Macey! I'm in the process of planning some outfit posts in the next couple weeks, and really looking forward to it. The 90's are awesome :)

      Thanks so much for reading! x

      Delete