9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try

Monday 20 May 2019
     It's Monday, and I'm back with another shopping post. I've already written about crystal-infused beauty, but I can't help giving the wellness beauty category another look. There's something about these unusual beauty tools and products I find so interesting. Expensive and foreign, it seems that once an ingredient or ritual is in, every brand will suddenly have a unique take on it. And the most confusing part of all is what all these products do. I'm going to try to dispel the confusion on that part, because today I'm sharing 9 beauty and wellness products you probably don't need, but it might be cool to try.

9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try
UO.
Lion & Loki Afterglow Facial Serum is a C$124 plant-based serum with over 20 natural oils. It contains antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients for a healthy glow. This is one of the products on this list I would most love to try. The pretty golden serum is just too irresistible, and I am all about a glowing complexion.


9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try
Free People.
Truthfully, I don't really know what to say about this product. It's a Healing Crystal Wand by Skin Gym. It's supposed to rejuvenate and charge your body with positivity. You can also use it for massage. I want to make it clear now, I have nothing against anyone's beliefs, but I'm still not convinced of the powers of crystals. That being said, this wand is C$31.05 at Free People, and if nothing else, would make a lovely decoration.


9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try
Free People.
The Sunbeam Morning Kit imagines your morning routine to be as serene as any beauty guru. A "holistic kit that gently gets you ready for the day ahead" may seem like a good idea. Imagine it: You awake refreshed, stretch, and reach for your rose quartz Gua Sha. You gently stroke your face to awaken the skin and boost your radiance and circulation. Next, you apply your vegan Rose Otto face cream and Baimiss eye pads to hydrate your thirsty skin. Finally, you spritz Sunflower and Rose mist to refresh you skin. This is a tall order considering I usually roll out of bed at eleven grumpy and groggy. C$48.60.


9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try
Free People.
Okay, so this is not exactly a beauty product, but has everything to do with wellness. Elemental Energy is a book about crystal and gemstone rituals from the founder of a luxury crystal-infused skincare line. From Free People:
This book guides readers through incorporating the beauty, allure, and power of crystals into a stylish life. With its elegant aesthetic and lush, fashion-forward photography, Elemental Energy is an entirely new take on crystals - one that captures their magic and magnetism, but for a decidedly modern twenty-first century life, from organic skin care to at home spa treatments.
 Intrigued? Find it at Free People for C$44.54.


9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try
Free People.
I'm still debating whether or not you actually need a jade roller in your life. If you saw my come shopping with me at Sephora vlog, you know I picked one up by Herbivore. I haven't had the chance to use it yet, but I'll be sure to do a full review soon!

This one from Biodara promises to alleviate puffiness, promote cell turnover, and improve skin elasticity and tone. C$32.40 at Free People is a reasonable price if you want to try out the face roller trend for yourself.


9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try
Skin Gym.
The Jade Eye Mask is an "intricately woven eye mask made with 100% grade A Xuiyan jade". Supposedly, empresses in China have used these masks for thousands of years for their healing properties and energy. This mask reduces puffiness and wrinkles, and brings deep relaxation and tranquillity to the soul. Okay, I'm interested. I've been really curious about jade stones lately, if only because they look so nice. You can find and try this one at Urban Outfitters for C$59.


9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try
Free People.
I have a thing for ancient beauty tools. If it's good enough for an empress, it's good enough for me, right? Anyway, I've been meaning to try Gua Sha since the buzz around facial massage began. Does it work? I have no idea. But the Skin Gym Gua Sha Crystal Beauty Tool does promise to tighten, brighten and refine your face with its facial muscle workout. Head over to Free People if you'd like to try. C$43.20.


9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try
UO.
This is a C$102 pillow case. Let me repeat that for those in the back. One hundred and two dollars for this single pillow case. Now, the issue here is not whether or not this product is a useful one. Resting one's head on silk at night has been known to decrease skin irritation and hair damage. This one is very pretty, and it's no secret I love silk. Slip is also known for their quality products. I just can't get behind the price, though. This is roughly twenty-six Frappucinos. I guess it's an investment.

9 Beauty & Wellness Products You May Not Need But Will Want To Try
Free People.
Saving the best for last. I'll admit this one scares me a little. It looks not unlike a torture device. But (I trust?) it's not. It's the Skin Gym Goldie Roller. This facial roller is meant to boost skin's radiance and product absorption, leaving you with firmer skin, refined pores and a brighter complexion. Price? C$91.80. No one can deny how cool it looks, though.


Shop these products:


This post is not sponsored, and all opinions are my own. Prices listed are subject to change.

Still need more crystal in your beauty diet? Check out 8 Things You Can Buy Right Now To Harness The Beauty Of Crystals.

4 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, when I saw the picture of the goldie roller my mind instantly thought "torture device" and then I read and saw you say the same thing haha! I'm not sure if I believe in the healing crystal wands either but I can't help but think that buying a regular crystal (for cheaper) would do the exact same thing right!? Who knows! Looking forward to your review of the jade roller!

    Renee @ Maritime Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure it would! Thank you Renee, I'll have it out soon as possible :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love the sound of the serum and the Sunbeam Morning kit, just added them to my wishlist haha! I am really interested in crystals, I haven't noticed much change in my complexion but they are so pretty and lovely to keep around :D I love the sound of ancient beauty tools too! Adoring all of your picks! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! They are so pretty, I especially love rose quartz :)

      Delete