Lazy Oaf: Bukimi

Wednesday 3 October 2018
Lazy Oaf: Bukimi | Jackie O My

     In my last 5 Things I Love post, I mentioned wanting to evolve the aesthetic of Jackie O My and share more of my personal style. I want to incorporate a more playful side of fashion, so today I'm featuring a brand I've always thought was adorable but haven't found an opportunity to mention yet.

London brand Lazy Oaf is the creation of British illustrator and designer Gemma Shiel. Gemma founded the brand in 2001, and since then has been creating womenswear and menswear, drawing inspiration from pop culture, nostalgia, and her own sense of humor. Bukimi is Lazy Oaf's second autumn 2018 lookbook, and my personal favorite. About the lookbook:
Our Autumn range is a love letter to Japan, inspired by the weird and wonderful of Japanese street culture. The sugary sweet pastel palette has a bizarre undercoat of Japanese inspired graphics and anime illustrations, blurring the cute 'kawaii' with the surreal, niche and oddball.
I absolutely love this lookbook. I've always been a fan of Japanese street style, and this collection has such a fun take on it. I especially adore the Pink Leopard Parka.


Lazy Oaf: Bukimi | Jackie O My
Lazy Oaf: Bukimi | Jackie O My

Lazy Oaf: Bukimi | Jackie O My

Lazy Oaf: Bukimi | Jackie O My

Lazy Oaf: Bukimi | Jackie O My

Lazy Oaf: Bukimi | Jackie O My

Lazy Oaf: Bukimi | Jackie O My

Lazy Oaf: Bukimi | Jackie O My
Photos from Lazy Oaf.

What do you think of this pastel-cool lookbook?

No comments

Post a Comment