5 Things I Love: 09/18/19

Wednesday 18 September 2019
5 Things I Love: 09/18/19

     I'd like to start this post by saying that I am so sorry for the unannounced hiatus. I've been struggling a lot with my mental heath lately. With the turn of the season, my anxiety has pricked up and my depression has come out, and I find myself without the motivation or energy to do much of anything; even the things I used to take great pleasure in (including this blog). I want to start this week off a little more hopeful by writing a short article, and asking anyone who is feeling overwhelmed as Autumn starts and brings with it classes, new projects and responsibilities, to contact support if they find themselves overwhelmed. Thank you.

Now that I've exposed myself, let's perk up a little while I share 5 things I actually found really cool this week.


5 Things I Love:


1. I just discovered the plush, whimsical gowns of Monique lhuillier, and they remind me of the old Hollywood glamour I adored in my younger years. Monique's Spring 2020 Lookbook cleverly pairs elegant gowns with the softer, more casual hair and makeup of the 70's. It all comes together in a sort of renaissance-esque aesthetic that I am loving.

2. Ellie over at Petite Elliee wrote a great guide to chunky knits for petite girls, but I think we could all gain a few tips from her article.

3. The Moptop dove headfirst into fall with her Checked coat fall uniform and her Sweater Weather posts and I am loving it and so ready for the season now.

4. Have you been as obsessed with hairbands and clips this season as I (and half of Instagram) have been? Well, now you can save some change by making your own top knot headbands thanks to Oh Joy!'s Tutorial. So cute.

5. It's the last farewell to summer! Wish Wish Wish's Ipanema sunsets is a great send-off. I honestly think this is one of my favorite look posts of the season - it's so simple and low-key. Just Carrie enjoying her Pepsi on a crowded beach...what more could a girl ask for?

5 Things I Love: 09/18/19 | Jackie O My

5 Things I Love: 09/18/19 | Jackie O My

5 Things I Love: 09/18/19 | Jackie O My
Photos from Monique Ihuillier.

That's it for my favorite things! What are yours?

2 comments

  1. I'm very sorry you hear you've been having a hard time, sending you lots of love 💞

    ReplyDelete