Wellness Diary: Keeping Resolutions & Free People's New Made To Move Collection

Saturday 20 April 2019
Wellness Diary: Keeping Resolutions & Free People's New Made To Move Collection | Jackie O My
Pictured: High-rise bike shorts from Free People & yummy fresh panzanella ingredients on DesignLoveFest.
      So, we're almost halfway through the new year. You made your healthy resolutions in January, and for a while you did great, but now your motivation is dwindling and you're finding it a bit harder to stick to your goal plans. Sound familiar? I know it does to me!

This year, my resolutions are to eat out less and practice yoga regularly, but lately (okay, consistently), I've been struggling to keep it up. If you're like me and need a little pep talk to keep those goals, here are five ways you can keep your new year's resolutions going strong.


Start with a solid goal


It's time to step back and assess whether or not your goal is an attainable one. Maybe you set the bar a bit too high, or maybe you just weren't specific enough. That's okay! It's alright to modify something that isn't working for you. The foundation of building a good habit is starting with a resolution that is simple and realistic, and making a specific plan to complete it. I always say it's best to start with a smaller step and build on it. Instead of vowing to go to the gym every single day, why not start with promising to work out every Sunday and Wednesday at first?

Vent to a friend


When we're struggling with something, it can be tempting to bottle it up and put on a brave face, but it's totally okay to get support from your friends and loved ones! Let them know you're trying hard to make changes and vent out your frustrations. You might just feel lighter.

Track your progress


Tracking your progress is by far the best way to make a new habit stick. I use the Productive app on my phone to see where I need to focus my efforts more. I also use Pacifica, which has an awesome healthy habits tracker.

Celebrate small victories


Treat yourself when you hit milestones in your goals. Rewards can be anything from your fave food to buying yourself a little gift; the important thing is acknowledging your progress and associating it with something nice.

Be patient


Be patient with both the process and yourself. Building a habit is a long-term endeavour, so don't beat yourself up if you go off track or skip your healthy habit for a few days. This will only lead to major discouragement and zap your motivation. Instead, stay positive and give yourself time to rest if you need it. Have the same compassion for yourself that you'd have for a friend. Remember, it's about the journey, not the outcome!

With these tips and a little work, you'll have your resolutions back on track in no time!

Relevant links:


Smashed Potato Appetizer - Potatoes are my fave veggie, so I had to include this recipe.
The Ultimate Veggie Sandwich - Hummus, artichoke, and greens.
What's The Deal With Gua Sha? - How you can practice this self-care ritual.
Diet & Depression: What Research Tells Us - A very well done article from GOOP.
Knowing The Best Workout Time For You - Make workouts easier with considerate planning.
Panzanella Recipe - I've never heard of this dish, but now I want it.


Free People's new workout wear is on my radar:


Wellness Diary: Keeping Resolutions & Free People's New Made To Move Collection | Jackie O My
On The Radar Bra - Free People.
Wellness Diary: Keeping Resolutions & Free People's New Made To Move Collection | Jackie O My
Cheek To Cheek Pants.
Wellness Diary: Keeping Resolutions & Free People's New Made To Move Collection | Jackie O My
Boxer Cami.
How are your resolutions coming? Let me know below!
How To Keep Your New Year's Resolutions Going Strong - Jackie O My

2 comments

  1. LOVE this post!! I think it can be so easy to let your resolutions fall at this time of the year

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete