5 Things I Love: 08/29/19

Thursday 29 August 2019
5 Things I Love: 08/29/19 | Jackie O My

     We're coming up on another weekend, but before we do, I'm here to deliver your weekly dose of essential reads and inspiration.

My week has been...well, boring. I'm definitely stuck in a rut lately, and although I hope it doesn't show through the quality of my writing, I'm looking for a big change to spice up my life. Some options I'm checking into: a new diet, yoga classes, a completely new makeup look & wardrobe, and just getting out more from behind my computer screen. Spending time outdoors is a must. But while I'm here, let me update you on 5 cool things I discovered this week. Enjoy!

5 things I love:


1. I spied the brand Juillet on The Cool Hour literally yesterday, and couldn't help featuring some of my favorite looks from their HARBOUR lookbook right away. Photographer Brydie Mack snapped these photos of Izi Simundic by the Sydney harbour, and they turned out beautifully. I'm wistfully wishing now that I had occasion to buy a new swimsuit this year. Alas, I haven't been to the beach once this summer (tragic, I know). Scroll on to see my favorite looks from the campaign!

2. Connie & Luna wrote a stunning travel guide on travelling to China for the first time. It looks so magical there! I officially want to visit the Shanghai Disneyland resort. 

3. The Moptop recently shared where she acquired all the lovely artwork and prints that furnish her home. She has a lovely collection, so if you're an art lover, you can find all Tonya's recommendations here.

4. Speaking of art, HonestlyWTF shared the dreamy artwork of Alja Horvat, and I am shooketh. I really love her use of falling stars and flowers. So pretty.

5. Kate La Vie shared some great advice on getting through a low point in your life. I am in low points off and on always, so I really appreciate when bloggers open up about sensitive topics in order to help others. It's definitely worth a read.


5 Things I Love: 08/29/19 | Jackie O My

5 Things I Love: 08/29/19 | Jackie O My

5 Things I Love: 08/29/19 | Jackie O My

5 Things I Love: 08/29/19 | Jackie O My

5 Things I Love: 08/29/19 | Jackie O My

5 Things I Love: 08/29/19 | Jackie O My

5 Things I Love: 08/29/19 | Jackie O My
Photos: Brydie Mack for Juillet.

What are your favorite things this week?

2 comments

  1. Never heard of Alja Horvat before, so I looked her up and I can say, I definitely liked what I saw. For some reason, her prints kind of reminded me of the bright colors. Great post!
    Love,
    i.b. | http://soundslikeidil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her work too! Thanks so much for reading, Idil :)

      Delete